Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer live workshops?
At this time we only offer a virtual option for people wanting to become POP Pilates instructors. Our virtual training is a perfect option to get certified on your time in the comfort of your own space.
I live internationally. Can I get certified?
Yes, we have created our online Instructor Certification Training so you can get certified anywhere you are with our world-class instruction and on your own time.
How old do I have to be to get certified?
You must be at least 18 years old.Where can I teach once I receive my certification?
Where can I teach once I am certified?
Once you are paying your POP membership fee, you have a license to teach anywhere including gyms, studios or even at the park!
How long does the Instructor Certification Training process take?
The online course is designed to be completed in 12 weeks. It is self-paced study and you can watch the videos and learn the materials on your own time. Your 12 weeks begin at the time of registration and you must send in your evaluation video by the end of the 12 weeks.
How does the online Instructor Certification Training work?
Your training includes:
- 14 Comprehensive Training Videos
- 40 Technical Breakdown Videos
- 112-page Digital Instructor Training Manual
- Digital Cueing Workbook
- Live Class and FAQ Session with a Master Trainer
- Constant support throughout your entire training
- Choreography Videos, Music, and Notes
- Instructor Forum
You have 12 weeks to complete the training, pass a written comprehensive test, and submit your evaluation video.
Are there any pre-requisites to become a POP Pilates® instructor?
No, you will learn everything you need to know in the training/workshop.
Do I need to have other certifications to teach fitness classes?
You may need to get a primary group fitness certification prior to teaching at certain facilities but we do not require that to earn your POP Pilates® certification. Having a primary group fitness certificate is dependent upon the facility where you teach classes and the rules in your country.
What happens after I get certified?
Once you pass your written test and video evaluation, you have just one more step left! To maintain your instructor license, you will need to activate your POP Membership.
POP Membership is $12.99 USD/month or $120 USD/year.
Through the membership, you will receive updated education and brand new quarterly choreography for your classes. This is also the only way you will have access to use the POP Pilates® trademark in your classes.
Can I pause my POP membership?
We know, life happens! If you need to pause or cancel your POP membership, here's what you need to know:
- Under 3 months: No additional fees! You will simply enroll in the monthly or annual subscription again
- 3-6 months: $50 reactivation fee + enrollment in the monthly or annual subscription
- 6-12 months: $100 reactivate fee + enrollment in the monthly or annual subscription
- 12+ months: repurchase of the POP online training at a reduced cost of $199. You will not be required to submit a new video for evaluation but you will need to review the training content and re-take the online exam.
What if I don't pass my evaluation?
You will get detailed feedback and an action plan. You will then have another 30 days to practice and re-submit your evaluation video for a $25 fee.
Do you offer any discounts?
We offer full-time students 20% off the $299 certification fee. Please email [email protected] with a valid student ID for more details.